Friday night fishing at Osbourne boat landing

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Dallison, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Well this was my first time night fishing. I need to get a little more organized and wear my glasses at night. I know the signs say the boat landing is only open from dusk till dawn but I took my chances with the Henrico Lawmen. I wasn't the only person fishing thats for sure, the pier was a full blown party with lights, bait tank, grill ect. They have an outlet on the pier and everything that could be plugged in was. I went to my normal area off the pier on the point. I got snagged alot, the tide was alot lower than normal. The rocks were more exposed, I could see with a headlamp but still not a good place to fish at night alone. I caught a 5 pounder around 1am, hard to get in crawling on the boulders but I got it. One guy on the pier said he caught a 58 pounder the other night. I guess between 3 and 5 am is when they start hitting....I'll have to adjust my life schedule.....:eek:oooh:

2. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Sounds like a real catfish jamboree!:smile2: What was on the grill? Might have to stop by one night. :cool2: