Friday Morning - 20Apr07 - Fish Report

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by TNBigCat, Apr 20, 2007.

1. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    We went fishing at O'dark-thirty this morning and managed to land some pretty nice fish. We were fishing the C-River upstream about 10 mins from Clarksville Conservation club. Started out this morning and the fog was so thick we actualy had to stop the boat and anchor down and just fish where we were at. We we about 10-15ft off the bank and could barely see it. The fog finally lifted around 0800 and we managed to find our first fishing spot up from the club. Caught a few nice ones I would say around 15 pounds or so, maybe bigger. Lesson #1 for this morning, get a scale to weigh. Went to take a quick photo and the batteries were dead. Looked all over the boat and managed to find 2. Lesson #2 always make sure batteries are good. Tried to get the fish in the boat and watched Father-in-law stumble all over the place trying to get it out of the water. Lesson #3 get a net. Landed a few more that were smaller and conducted CPR for a few. Later in the morning we managed to move a bit more upriver and catch a few more smaller ones. All the ones we caught were blues. Did manage however to catch a Flattie but it broke the line as we were trying to get him in the boat. His mouth was a good 6 inches wide and he was a pretty good size too. Did manage to catch one Drum and threw him back. Drums are so dumb too! Anyway. All of the fish we caught were off of cut skipjack. We had a few lines with worms and had no takers whatsoever. We stopped the day around 1300 and called it a day. We enjoyed every bit of being out there and having a good time. We plan on hitting the water again tomorrow morning about an hour later, 0600 hitting the water. Pictures are posted. Lessons have been corrected and we are ready for tomorrow morning. Nick

Attached Files:

2. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Sounds like a great day. I had to work........

I'd rather be out learning your lessons again.

Dennis

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You got some nice fish.

4. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Thanks for the post! I went out today too! Lesson 1, don't need a scale. Lesson 2, don't need batteries for a camera if I don't need the scale. Lesson 3, don't need a net to not photo and not weigh my not very big fish!:lol: :lol: :lol:

5. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Better than my day yesterday where all I needed was a nose plug so I wouldn't have to smell the "skunk" in my boat.

6. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    Went out again this morning about 0700. Had to go back to the house cause I forgot the boys lifevest. We all had a good time though and caught lots of fish. We caught lots of blue ranging in the 5-10lb range and lots of channles that were a pound or two. The boy did manage to catch a Drum all by himself though and he loved every bit of it. He has the fever now. In all it was a good day!!!

7. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looks like your doing something right. Congrats to you guys.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nick thats some nice fish. Thanks for sharing the pics and your story.:lol: