Friday June 22ND

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by pk_powell, Jun 23, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What a night!! I told Steve that we were goin down to the lake just south of us and catch some gills,everyone on the BOC is sayin gills is one of the kinds of bait fish that they use.So we get down to the lake,I find the smallest hook I have and hubby ties it on for me.I get me a red/white plastic float and a piece of nightcrawler and throw out.Finally after several attempts and stolen nightcrawler I landed one of the little dudes.I put it in my baitbucket with lake water.I attempt to catch more when I notice a storm rollin in,I think no big deal maybe it will go around,so I'm still trying to catch another one of these little dudes,one bit and I tried to get im,when I noticed something was going wrong with my reel.It wouldn't reel in and I couldn't get it to pull line out.Hmmmmmmmm,strange it was doing fine,now the clouds are getting darker;I call Steve over and tell him to pull the cap off,he does,everything looks fine until I spot somethin just doesn't look right inside,so he unscrews this mechanism and a whole bunch of line is all tangled up inside and I notice this real thin wire that is very obviously part of the reel all wound up in the knot of line.Had to cut the knot out just to get this little wire jobber out.This reel is a hawg made by Zebco. The little wire piece that somehow got all snarled up in the line,if I can describe it here,it's shaped like a horse shoe for lack of a better term and on the inside at the top in the exact middle the wire forms a perfect circle.Ok!!! Bluegill fishing is obviously done.I said lets hurry and get to the River and I'll lob this gill out there and see what happens.We start out and enroute we are suddenly in this blinding rainstorm,winds actually knocked a small tree down.Steve see's that and He say's "Sorry,but I think we need to get home" Ok what do I do with this fish.:baffle:Well I have read posts that you can freeze em and that they may be just as good.So we still have this hard rain falling,we decide we'll just lock everything up and just take the baitbucket and leave it outside.All of a sudden Steve announces He has forgotten the house key!!:waaaht: I'm standing there with Rain pouring down a bait bucket in my hand and he has no house keys.I ask him if he would like to be neutered?:0a6: He just looks at me,by this time I am drenched! He begins to pull screens off to see if we can get a window up,so we're both standing there pushing on the window when I all of a sudden jumped and stood straight up where he commenses to tell me I'm walking around on the deck too loud.Steve I say,did you just notice how fast I moved,yea why? I was bent over somewhat trying to help him budge the window when the wind picked up and blew a whole bunch of rain right down the back of my pants:eek:h::embarrassed_2: and filled my one shoe so I'm sloshing hense my shoe was thudding on the deck.Thunder and lightening,wind rain,were taking another screen off,and I'm once again pushing on a window,when all of a sudden he announces oh guess what I have the key after all!!!!:beat_brick:So were inside now and I have a dead gill.Now tomorrow I have to cut this thing up and I think I'll doctor it up with some garlic salt and some chicken livers I've had in my fridge for about a year and ahalf like postbeetle said I am one determined gal so ya all speak up and give me some ways I could turn this gill in to the main attraction for some big beast that's out on the prowl,I'm not giving up there has to be a way I can entice them devils to bite my hook!:confident:Sister Pat

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    first off way to stick it out, second kick his ass for having a numb ass, third fix the pole go back and catch so live gills and use them. Not to say the dead doctored up gill wont bring in the big one, just after what you went through to try to get on some fish, seems that you deserve the best chances to catch the biggun. Get a live gill, send the man home to do dishes and laundry, set up with the live bait, catch the daddy of the river/lake, call your man and tell him you have a fish for him to clean and you will be in the shower and expect dinner when you get out!! HOT:big_smile:

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You're funny!!! Dressing fish uhhhhhh,thats my job!! I plan on catching some more live gill as soon as I get some more hooks.I think what the problem with the gills were tonight is my hook is just a lil bit too big I need to get some smaller hooks and maybe some smaller bait!!Thanks for your reply!! I always appreciate it when someone gives me a chuckle!!:lol::lol:

4. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Ohhh Pat thats just to dang funny--cant stop laughing!!!:lol:

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Pat - Funny story!:lol: My best way of catching Gills is using a size #10 hook baited with 4 maggots. Maggots are tough and stay on the hook well. I've caught a 1/2 dozen Gills on the same baited hook. Good luck! Hope you catch the "big one"!:cool2:

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Pat thats a great story, I wouldnt doctor the gill up tho I ve had good luck with them that way.