Friday Fishing trip

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Vonroc, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Went Fishing at Alum Creek yesterday did pretty good.I think from what I saw I must have been the only fishing, it did get cold but I caught some nice ones. Here is some pics I took with my new camera.When I started it was 40 some degrees, when I stopped it was 17. Had a nice fire going all night.

Attached Files:

2. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Here is some pics

Attached Files:

3. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    glad to see ya had a good trip and thank goodness you had a fire it got cold

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thanks for sharing some pics. What did you use fro bait?

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Great catches where at Alum were you?

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Congratulations on the Good trip. sure looks like Dinner to Me. J.D.
    :big_smile_2:

7. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Ryang, I was kinda close to 36 by the bridge south of it. I could hear the traffic but I couldn't see them. Was in my boat but found a nice spot on the bank, pulled over and set up camp. Man I had the whole kitchen sink with me , cooked hamburger and hot dogs. Had potato salad, Fritos, peanuts and of course candy bars. Is it just me or does fishin make everybody hungry! It was kinda hard reelin in the fish with my hands full of goodies. I'm just getting back from my trip tonight. Fished north of 36 , Howard Rd ramp, didn't do to good just some small ones. I knew I should have stayed in deeper waters. Only one on the lake again tonight .

8. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice fish! I am going to have to go up to alum creek soon so i can try fishing for a few of the blues uv been talking about. do u know any deep holes close to shore? i would like to give those a try sometime.

9. Vonroc

Vonroc New Member

State:
    Central Ohio
    Most of the deeper water is by the dam working north to the bridge at 36. This is a very long strech, best luck I have is working from the boat . Find a good depth then I look for a decent bank to fish from.There is not alot of good access by road. As you can tell I like bank fishing better, more room and this time of year the fire feels good. I might point out building fires in unappoved areas are illegal,I'm very carful and the game warden can't walk to where I fish.