Friday Feb. 24th

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bigmagic, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Well I'm going out tomorrow. The batteries are charged, I'm hitched up and ready. I may have to oil and reline my reels but I'm going. I may put in in Warsaw or Drive up their by boat I haven't decided. The area around Drake is always good for shad(Main channel edges). Anyway I called my son-n-law and invited him but I'm going if I have to go by myself. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good luck to you Ron, hope you catch some good ones.
    Went today with Jim (primitivefrn) only channel cats biting but it sure was nice to be out and we had alot of fun...

3. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Good to see you stoking the fires again Ron, let us know how you do fishing and how are you doing with your health?

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Report this morning said they were running 24000 cfs through the generators so maybe that'll stir things up a bit. Good luck!

5. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Well my health is not so good but I have to live. If I ain't fishing I ain't living. I may have to make adjustments but I'm not going to stay home again this year. Last year was the least I've fished in the last 30. My wife will scream and yell(she's scared I'm gonna die and leave her with the kids(just kidding babe)) but I'll work it out. Hopefully I'll catch something and have something to show. I'll let ya know.

6. SeaArk1

SeaArk1 New Member

State:
    Sedalia, Missouri
    Good luck!!! Let us know how you do.

Went out yesterday for about two hours with a buddy. We caught about 25 channels. Biggest was about 3.5 pounds but it is still better than work!! He went out again today but I had to work. What a buddy huh??

7. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Wind,wind,wind! I marked a lot of big fish(Blues from past experience) located some shad but they were deep and I'm not able to handle the 20ft net. I broke my trailer getting my boat out in the afternoon(snapped a weld) But I'm undaunted. Depite the cooler temps tomorrow I'll be back out there. There were only a few boats out from the dam to the 75mm. I did see Steve Brown heading up from some of Jeff's old spots on my way back. The fish are in their early spring haunts and should be a great time to get some big ones. If I need to I'll break out the frozen shad and use it or some hot dogs. I had a great time and lamented the fact that I never taught my two sons(both of whom were with me) to toss a shad net. I plan to get in all the fishing I can until we leave for Virginia next week(I have a trip with Chris Harris(gottheblues) booked. Tight Lines!

8. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Glad to hear your getting out there and fishing Ron.:) Tight Lines to ya Bud!

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Sounds like you got the bugs out and had a great time Ron.
    The shad where deep yesterday too, (remimder to self) bring extra line for the cast net.
    This 65 - 70 degree weather sure makes a guy feel better.
    Got daffodils flowers blooming in the yard. Springs about here!

10. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    From your post Ron, you can feel your excitement of being out on the water again. Good for you and isn't it funny Wolfie giving advice how to handle women. I would suggest you file that information in the "NOT TO DO" file and handle it as you know how. lol Ron, good to read your post keep us informed and we will get out together and fish this summer and I might bring Wolfie with me, if he behaves.

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Glad to see you back on the water ron,and hope you have goodluck in virginia,brandon and i are getting ready for the tournements chamois,jeff city,warsaw to begin with,see you on the water soon,oh by the way dave is working at ribacks now.

12. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Robert do you guys have my scale? What happened at the college seems like all the old group is gone?

13. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    dave said he had your scales,we will come down soon and he can bring it ,yea everybody is leaving cmsu ,they have some real winners running it now

14. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    email me your phone number,and when it warms up alittle me and dave will head down and go out on the lake with you