Friday evening on the Susquehanna River below Holtwood

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by SWeiss, Aug 19, 2009.

1. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    A buddy and I are planning to head out to the Susky on Friday evening around 6'ish (it's not firm yet).

We are going to meet up and bank fish at the Muddy Creek Boat Launch on the York County shore.

If you want to drop by, feel free!

More details later.

2. great pappy cat

great pappy cat Active Member

State:
    P.A
    Ill be down there Sat night to prefish a tornament. Fri is possible but unlikely. Ill be wooped from catching premium bait. Any ways perhaps Ill see ya down there

3. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Cool. Just look for the fat guy cussing at his reel! :smile2:

4. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    7PM at the boat launch area.

5. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    is that spot any good? I have transportation issues but if i promise my girlfriend some big fish she might be interested in trying somewhere other than the octoraro

6. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    It doesn't seem to be good, but I am not too good at this cat fishing thing it seems.

I was out tonight. Fishing bluegills, shiners, worms. On the bottom and on a float. All I caught was another min-channel.

Ever try Wissler Run Park (across the river at the Muddy Run plant)? I may start trying there.

7. JoeDaCatKing

JoeDaCatKing New Member

State:
    PA
    well shoot until you find that great spot on the river head over to my neck of the woods and we will fish the reservoir... and i hear through the grape vine that where fishing creek dumps into the susky is a sweet spot... somebody almost called me a clown for telling them i was going to the Octoraro when i was catching bait (actually fishing for trout) at fishing creek
    but i heard that spot is a party spot for the underagers too so i havent tried it out yet

8. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I used to fish that area A LOT. But since the railroad decided to be difficult and posted the entire Lancaster County shore line, you can't fish there. That is, unless you have a boat, which i don't. I used to fish off the top of the tunnel along the railroad bed.

The Pequea Creek outlet into the Susky is another good spot I hear.

9. campincatfish

campincatfish New Member

State:
    PA
    I tried Wissler Run 2 weeks ago and the current was extremely strong. There is also ALOT of rocks down there to contend with.

10. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I can share the water depths out there....

If you at Wissler Run park just south of the main road in, there is a place to fish where the creek comes in.

That water there gradually drops to 7 feet. Then a sharp dropoff to 35'. Then, believe it or not, it drops to 100 feet in the main channel for the power plant discharge. I confirmed this with a depth finder twice.

In that 7-35' transition the current isn't too bad. Farther out it's horrible and the rocks are pretty bad.