Friday evening on LOZ

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bigmagic, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Well I went out Friday evening with my brother-n-law and his brother-n-law. Had a moderately successfull evening catching some 4 to 8lb Blues and one Flathead over ten pounds. The drift bite just wasn't happening so we anchored on some structure and began taking fish. I think we could have caught fish all night but they were tired from the trip down to the Lake. I told them I don't fish Holiday weekends so they are out of luck till after today. See ya on the water!

2. bigcatJoe

bigcatJoe New Member

State:
    indiana
    Sounds like a good trip.

3. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Awesome, I haven't been in em on truman in a while, may be LOZ is a better bet.

4. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ron, I got to get down there and fish with you. My daughter and I were supposed to fish Friday, but ended up going to Truman Saturday. She was disappointed in our lack of shad in the throw net, 'cause she wanted to catch a big catfish. She threw the net a couple times. Went to cove I know that always has shad, but it had several pontoons, a couple run abouts and a jet ski on Saturday.

Then my starting battery went dead, and my trolling motor batts wouldn't turn it over either. Trolling motor still ran, so we headed for a marina. Ended up getting a tow the last 2 miles. Mrs. SB brought down a spare battery, and it fired right up. But daughter was done by then. Seems somebody wasn't properly maintaining the batteries. But they are dated 3/2003.

5. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Larry, that's just one of lifes little chores, you have to sit down with your wife and explain how to maintain a battery properly to them and then check behind them occasionally to make sure they are doing it right. lol

6. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Great trip, Ron! I wish you even better luck next time!!