Friday and Saturday Report (3-13,3-14)

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by JPritch, Mar 15, 2009.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I fished the James Friday and Saturday. Started Friday off with a length citation that went 27#/38", and spent nearly the rest of the day hole hopping without a fish. Decided to make a run downriver and I'm glad I did, I had a 48# slam my rod down to end the day.

Went downriver Saturday, started the day off with a 32#. Caught a couple dinks here and there. None of the usual winter spots were producing. It was nearing 5pm so I figured I'd try one last spot. From the get go, it was on. 47# and 25# double, 36#, 35# all within an hour. I was hoping to fish Sunday to see if I patterned them correctly, but two days of fishing in that non-stop cold drizzle was enough for me.

Bait never took more than 10 minutes each day, and thankfully not many catfish to sort through. I caught a nice striper and an LMB one set.

I caught the two biggest fish on the only rod I had rigged up with a three way swivel. Not sure if it was coincidence or not, but thought I'd pass that tidbit along.

Totals for the trip: 48,47,36,35,32,27,25,25,15,12

Attached Files:

2. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    nice trip josh. i bailed because of the rainy forcast. you really have the fish dialed in and looks like you made the right call to go. i hope to get up sat and maybe a midweek trip depending on how work goes.

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congratulations. Pictures and were there many boats out. My guess not.

4. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yeah that's dedication fishing in that cold drizzle, I'm climbing the walls for sure.

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    How deep a water were you catching in and how far off the bottom were you fishing your baits using the three way. Stripers do love three ways! Josh. Empty out some old PM's. I tried to send you one and it said your mailbox is full.

6. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    You are my idol! I stayed inside most of the w.end and I was cold inside the house. Watched alot of fishing on tv and dreamed of having the dedication you have.

Way to "man-up" dude!

Thanks for the help the other day, I'm going to give it a go this coming w.end.

7. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the good fishing report, Josh. I just purchased some heavy-duty three-way swivels, so I appreciate the added observation. :cool2:

8. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Nice report...congrats on the fish.

9. little.james

little.james New Member

State:
    virginia
    Nice catch Josh i have not been able to get back and catch more bait
    Congrats again.
    Jim

10. HookLineSinker

HookLineSinker New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks Josh, great report.

11. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Good fish man! That's a heck of a weekend there.