Friday 12/23

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Malligood24, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Malligood24

Malligood24 New Member

State:
    Richmond, Va
    Anyone going out tomorrow? We are going to launch out of Deep Bottom around 7AM or so...Praying for an early Christmas gift of catching a whole bunch of big fish! :p

2. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    No but I'll be looking forward to a report!! :rolleyes:

I'll be heading out on saturday morning.

/Scott

3. basstardo

basstardo New Member

State:
    Williamsburg, VA
    I dropped in over at Osborne. Had a heck of a time today. Couldn't net a shad to save my life for a while, then it was Christmas once I found 'em and quickly netted 6 for today and tomorrow. Caught 4 fish, all smalls, with the largest going about 8 pounds. I also managed to run aground today on a mud flat coming out of the barge pits. :eek: Two kayakers were heading into the barge pits, and I moved to the right a little too far to avoid and them and got a nice little rude awakening on that flat right there. It goes from 6' to about 1' in no time flat. ;)

All in all a good day on the water though. :D

4. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    THanks for the report. Maybe I'll see you on the water tomorrow.

/Scott

5. Malligood24

Malligood24 New Member

State:
    Richmond, Va
    Hey ya'll, I'll be out there tomorrow...Perhaps i will see some of you out there this time!

6. basstardo

basstardo New Member

State:
    Williamsburg, VA
    Good luck out there. I doubt I'll be out any time soon. I'm pulling the engine off on Saturday and tearing out the old transom and gutting my boat down to the bare hull and starting from scratch. The deck has some soft spots and the core is saturated with water. The transom is also good and cracked and flexing like crazy. Water's way too cold for me to be risking it out there with things like they are. Once I get the new stuff glassed in and ready to roll I'll be back at it hard. I hate to take a break, but it's gotta be done. :glare: It'll be a fishing machine when I'm done with it though. :D

7. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    I'll be on the water saturday - most likely below BH bridge. Gonna fish some new water.
    /Scott

8. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    ;) This morning's fishing report in the Richmond paper reported lots of nice citation cats caught by a good guide named Eberwein. He and his customers tore up the big fish all week above Dutch Gap. Fish over 50 pounds. Good luck

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    The Dutch Gap ramp is 4 or 5 miles above Hopewell. From Interstate 95, take the route 10 Chester Exit. Go east about 1/4 mile look for the sign, hang a left at the stop light and the ramp is a couple of miles down that road.