freshwater to fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by River Outlaw, Sep 21, 2008.

1. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i'll be leavin tues headin for Houston for work. help a KS redneck out with a fishin hole or 2 ?? im tryin to find out wherebouts we'll be stayin cuz i know that'll help. i just wanna have somewhere to fish while the rest of the crew is gettin drunk :smile2:

2. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    The closest I've fished to Houston was Coleto Creek Reservoir near Victoria... would still be a ways from Houston I believe. I'm sure one of these other fellows can help ya out some more. Good luck.

3. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    Theres some nice fishing on the San Jacinto river below lake houston. Even better if you wanna drive a little farther, below Lake Livingston dam.

4. SeanT.

SeanT. New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Texas
    I havent fished there but I hear that Lake Conroe has a good population of nice catfish.

5. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    thank y'all for the responses so far. looks like another BOC member is goin with me. Gus (uttatoo) is goin down too.

6. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I fished Lake Somerville this weekend, and caught 3 nice sized cats. Its a nice lake, murky water, tons of bait fish. You can look it up on mapquest, and get an idea of where its at.
    Also, Gibbons Creek Resavoir is a good place to fish also. From what I hear its a power plant lake.
    Good luck where ever you go fishing at.