Freshman Introductory Manual

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jul 13, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Welcome all you new members to the BOC. You have truly found a wealth of information and a "wealth" of people. As you notice, once you join, you are bombarded by any number of people welcoming you. I myself have only been here 4 months. I still find things sometimes confusing, of course I am easily confused and this could be the problem. I have written down some things that might be helpful to you.

Regarding user names: Very descriptive and informative. You yourself have acquired one of your own. You will find, sometimes, references to someone you never heard of. These are known as AKA, aliases or just Pokes. I don't know all of them, but here are some examples-

Splitshot= spitshoot, Splitshorts, Ol' Cutsinker, Crimped lead

Olefin= "Pops", Ole, Old Rigger

Katfshn50= Train wreck, East Coast Mafia, Or also known as ZZ Tops hairdresser.

Jd Dyskstra= JD Dyskstra ('nuff said)

Cheryl= The poet, "Mom"

Dreadnaught= Dreaded Knight, JW, Dead Nuts

Kat in the Hat= Rat in the Hat, Axe Man

Kat Tamer= The Warden (for Kat in the Hat)

Baitchunker= Upchunker

P. K. Howell= Pea Kay, Sister Pat ( I don't think she wears a habit)

Oldgrowler= Old Snarler

Redd= Lil' Doggies

Postbeetle= Stinkbeetle, Dung head (or a similar reference)

The Barse= Irish Mike, The next King of England

Catgirl= Catscratch Fever

Many more, but you get the point.

A few other helpful hints:
    Moderators = Mod, The grease pencil cops, redactors, shape shifters. Stay away from these folks.

High Intensity area= Gateway to He$$

Regarding Avatars:
    Personal picture avatars. Take these with a grain of salt. These guys have just taken a bath, or their wifes made them dress up for the picture. In actuality they look much worse than their picture.

Catfish pictures avatars. These pictures are taxidermy replicas. They pass that dead fish around amongst themselves, or they actually steal a real fish from the taxidermy shop, picture it and then return it.

Additional chapters can be added to this Freshman Primer. If you have questions ask "The Twinkie Guy"

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Your Freshman's manuel is funny and pretty descriptive.Anxious to see what you might think to add to it,as it's very informative.No I don't wear a Habit as I never conformed to that lifestyle. I am Religious but not of that pursasion.Keep posting I enjoy reading what ya got to say!----Pea Kay AKA PK AKA Sister Pat:wink::big_smile_2::big_smile_2::cool2:

3. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The Warden??? No, more like a lion tamer, you know, crack the whip.:eek:oooh:Somebodies gotta keep him in line.:wink:

4. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    John, i am flattered you left me off that list:big_smile::smile2:

6. oldgrowler

oldgrowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Thanks for the post. It's nice to know there is someone out there looking out for the newbies. LOL

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Well there We Have it Folk's!!! Poor Old John(DungBall) is back taking them Horse Tranquilzers again that He Rat Holed from His Veternarian Practice before He Retired.I Guess We will have to get Him Back in Treatment.His Wife thought She Found them All(the Tranquilzers) and Flushed Um,But Old Jonh is Perty Slick to say th least.LOL.J.D.

8. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    lol surprisingly ive never been called anything but jay or jayson on here. i figured someone would come up with sumthin for my name by now lol
    CatfishHateMe seems pretty easy to make fun of LOL

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Catfish may hate ya Jay but your our lil buddy an we love ya like our own lil bro.

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    We figured with a name like "CatfishHateMe" we shouldn't pick on you much cause, you have beat'n yourself allready, LOL!!!! We are just trying to make you believe that they don't really hate you, they just avoid you, LMAO!!!

11. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Reminds me of a line you're to young to be familiar with...
    "Ahh, ya doesn't has to call me Johnson! You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, or you can call me Johnny or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me RayJay, or you can call me RJ... but ya doesn't hafta call me Johnson":smile2:

12. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Iguess I'm showing my age here, but I remember that being on a commercial!:eek:oooh::big_smile:

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Heck, that ain't old, I can remember the old Pepsodent Tooth Powder commercials, LOL!!!

14. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    John,

Redactor is probably the most flattering thing I have heard lately:tounge_out:

Dave

15. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    i heard that on radio commericial today(105.5 The River), and i think i walked away a little bit dumber after i heard it... lol still tryin to figure it out LOL

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I thought "stay away from those folks" was quite flattering.
    I guess that is referring to all the stink bait we give away. Being around it so much, I guess we smell like it.

17. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    pepsudent i remember the burma shave signs on the sides of the road.