Fresh is always best

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Apr 26, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    As from my post in the Ohio river section I caught 3 flats today...I started out the day using frozen shad and fished 2 hrs with no hits...So out came the castnet and up and down the river I went untill I got some fresh shad..I baited up with the fresh bloody cut shad and within the next 45 minutes I caught 3 flatheads from the exact same spot where I had no hits on the frozen..I will use frozen, but fresh is so much better.

2. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    i usually try to get fresh shad myself,not too fond of frozen.but it has saved me when i couldn't get ahold of any fresh,though

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey glad to hear you caught 3 flatheads today congrats on your catches, yea I have noticed fresh shad work great but the frozen ones are good to when you cant catch no shad, thank you for sharing this with us and keep us posted on how you do brother.

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    sure wish we over here on the GMR could get shad "at will" like that:sad2:. its amazing how fertile the Scioto river is. congrats on the fish. however, i predict Mellon will beat your PB scioto flattie this year by 10lb:wink:

5. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    jack good going rick