Fresh bait

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by Billy Tucker, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Billy Tucker

Billy Tucker New Member

State:
    Manasszs Va
    Now that it is colder shouldn't it be pleanty of shad in the warm water outflows? Down near woodbridge the power plant no longer pumps warm water because it was switched over to natural gas, so I have been told, and has been void of bait the last 15 times I have been in there. Use to be a sure bet for bait. Now up river I dont really know the water that well but I think there is a discharge on the va side just above the WW and of course there is blue plains. I remember years ago seeing tons of gizzards at BP. I am not sure what the laws are up there but one good throw of a cast net will cover the bait for the day for 3 boats.

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Billy And it will get you a ticket as well you can't use a cast net in DC waters. Sliver buddies ans shad darts will put lots of shad on most all winter

3. Billy Tucker

Billy Tucker New Member

State:
    Manasszs Va
    Tim, is there a onlie link to the DC fishing regulations? There are lots of ways of catching shad other then cast net. We have dipped them with the landing net to catching them on small crappie jigs. I have seen small hoop nets you trawl with that some people use in differt parts of the country. Do you know of any outflows below the WW other then possum point?