Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
You can get a pretty good throw net at walmart for 25 bucks. And just throw it in the shallows or in creeks. You can catch anything with them, or nothing, in my experience. Good luck maybe I'll see ya out there sometime I fish from blair to neb.City. And depending on the gas i'll even put in at little sioux.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll do that asap...I live about 2 miles from the little sioux boat ramp. The way the current flows through there can make it pretty tricky to load the boat. I will go down to Remington sometimes if the current is too strong at Little Sioux.

I'll make a trip or two to Bartlett...south of Counsel Bluffs and usually it's worth it:wink:

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Welcome aboard the BOC Jimmy.I Fish that stretch of River Alot.I have a Cabin at Ryans Landing North of the boat ramp 5mi.. The ice is off the ponds in the hills and Bluegills work good for cut bait, also Gold Eye work you can usually catch a fue on crawlers,If You get a cast net the best place I have found to get Shad is behind the wing dikes in the calmer water.Hope this helps,I'll see You on the water. J.D.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'll do that asap...I live about 2 miles from the little sioux boat ramp. The way the current flows through there can make it pretty tricky to load the boat. I will go down to Remington sometimes if the current is too strong at Little Sioux.

I'll make a trip or two to Bartlett...south of Counsel Bluffs and usually it's worth it:wink:

welcome to boc:cool2:

·
Registered
397 Posts
If there are any lakes with a spillway and reasonably high water there are generally shad in morning in turbulance just off of front walls of discharge cavity. Throw your net there and let it sink nearly to bottom.

·
Registered
164 Posts

be careful at sioux a drop off at end of ramp this time of year. last time i was at remington the water was to low to put a boat in. was at barlett wed. an it was to low also water leval has to be about 15 ft to put in there. also welcome to the BOC. Larry be careful !

·
Registered
913 Posts

welcome to boc good tips on baits in boc lib:0a25::0a18:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.