Frequently Asked Questions # 2

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ka_c4_boom, Oct 16, 2006.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    what gives ? we got people on here who not only put up the wrong kind of avatars but also dont fill out their personal info . attention people for a more freindly reply from your fellow brothers and sisters on the boc . it would be nice to know your name , your general location , what rivers you fish , what your biggest fish have been .

i find it amazing that some people put up an avatar but yet refuse to fill out their info man the old timer that let me in the boc would flip if he seen how unfreindly some folks on here are .

is your info top secret if so then maybe your face should be , sorry if this offends any one but it gets under my skin how impersonal some folks are.

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I agree with you 100% Charles, i thought it was part of the rules when you join.

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Ive often thought that maybe a few gold coins offered up would make people want to put their avatars up. And as far as listing their locations, some people have expressed interest that their are internet stalkers out here. This is true, but you could give your town/city name and not give up your address and telephone number.

Tight lines to ya!!!

Kenny

4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    This is what I found...

What information does Catfish1 receive and how do we use it?
    When you register for an account at Catfish1, we ask you for your name, contact information, preferences, and certain demographic information. This information lets us provide personalized services and communicate separately with you. We also use aggregated information about the use of our services to evaluate our users' preferences, improve our programming, and reporting of internet usage. Like most websites, we use small bits of data called cookies stored on user's computers to simulate a continuous connection. Cookies let us "remember" information about your preferences and passwords and allow you to move within our Service without reintroducing yourself. Recent versions of Netscape's browsers let you easily see and control cookies.
    May I choose what information I disclose?
    While we need certain information to register you as a unique user and let you access personalized services, other requested information is optional and may be given at your discretion.

5. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    that is one thing that just burns me up, when somebody thinks there life is top secret, but posts an avatar.

6. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Some people will say they are worried about internet weirdoes, identity theft, etc. But, really, it's not like were asking you to post your SS# or credit card info.!

7. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    lol, i guess the guy got deleted today. dont remember his name, but he was very nasty at boc because the avitar he wanted posted wasnt accepted because it didnt show his face. there were at least 2 people online trying to explain the rules to him, and that the avitar and profile pics were 2 different photos,but he lost patience and told the boc where to go. reckin we dont need those kind of people here anyway.