Frequency Interferance

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by Wiskerstickerr, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Wiskerstickerr

Wiskerstickerr New Member

State:
    North Caro
    If you are running two depth finders on a boat with the same freqs can they interfer with each other? I have a 987Csi and can not read depth on plane so I got a Piranha 10 for running. My 987 is jumping around now and not reading depth right while not on plane with both depth finders on.
    Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I haven't, but I did have a problem with my 797Csi not holding bottom above about 12 mph when I first got it. I went to the Humminbird site and downloaded the software update and it helped it a BUNCH. Pirhana is a H'bird brand, you might call their tech support line and ask them. They should be able to help you out with any interference issues or point you in the right direction for a fix.

You've probably already done this, but have you double checked your install on the 987? The transducers on those are pretty picky about orientation, etc. Good luck with it!

Branden

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    They will, indeed, get interference sometimes, depending on where the transducers are located, frequency, ping rate, etc. You may be able to change the ping rate on one of them and see if that helps. I've seen them set up with the transducers on opposite sides of the transom, and work pretty good, but no guarantee. Best solution is to have different frequencies, I guess. I've been parked alongside another boat with a humminbird, and my lowrance really messed up his signal, even temp readings changed, until I moved away.

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I HAVE A 797CSI IT WONT READ RIGHT WILE RUNNING ,SHOOT THROUGH THE HULL AND IT WORKS FINE NOW BUT SITTING STILL WITH 2 FISHFINDERS ON BOTH ARE SCREWED UP !!!:0a26: