French onion hamburger steak

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by lforet2002, Aug 7, 2009.

1. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I absolutely love french onion soup so when I came across this recipe a couple years ago I had to try it..Its one of my favorite dishes to make now..This recipe serves 4 and I'll include cheese toast recipe to go with it..

Cheese toast.

4 slices of french bread
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter
    1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
    pinch of paprika
    1/4 cup grated swiss cheese
    1 tablspoon grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Put the bread slices on a baking sheet..Melt butter with garlic and paprika and spread evenly on top of bread..Combine cheeses and sprinkle evenly over the butter..Bake till crisp and cheese is bubbly..

French onion hamburger steak..

1 1/4 lb ground chuck
    1/4 cup minced parsley
    2 tablespoons minced scallion
    1 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    2 tablespoons all purpose flour
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 cups sliced onions
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 tablespoon minced garlic
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    2 cups beef broth
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
    4 teaspoons shredded parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup red wine

Combine chuck parsley and scallion 1 teaspoon salt and pepper..Make 4 patties and dredge in flour..Heat the olive oil in a pan on med heat and cook patties for about 3 minutes a side or until brown.Remove from pan and add onions and sugar and saute for about 5 min..Stir in garlic and tomato paste till paste turns brown..Sprinkle onions with a little flour and cook another minute..Stir in broth and wine and add remaining salt and thyme..Return chuck and bring to boil..Reduce heat to low and cover for about 10 minutes.Serve the steaks over the cheese toast and ladle the soup over the top..Garnish with a lil parsley and parmesan..Hope you enjoy..

2. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    So, what time is supper at your place this evening? Lol

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    sounds real good if i keep tryin all the recipies on here i'll be gettin fatter :embarassed::big_smile:

4. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    Les so... where do I need to bring there beer? LOL in Somerset Ky til Sat night.:smile2: