French Creek State Park - Scotts run and Hopewell

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by caneywaney, Jul 6, 2009.

Bait of choice, Dead to Alive

1. Artifical lure

2. Chic, liver, catfish blood shrimp bait, ect

3. Dead minnow

4. Dead, cut minnow

5. Live Minnow

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. caneywaney

caneywaney New Member

State:
    Pa
    Great bass, but where are the catties? MEOW?

2. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    insted of hopewell try struble lake off rt. 10, this lake has a better channel cat population, for bigger catties hit the skuke with live sunnies:wink:

3. I dropped my boat in there a few years ago with my brother in JANUARY/FEBRUARY:eek:oooh: to go after trout and nailed a few small bass too:roll_eyes:, all with live shiners:wink:.

We were the only crazy buzzards who put a boat in throught the skim ice at the edge of the ramp, by the dam. Everyone else was on shore, and giving us the eyeball:confused2:. Hahaha. It was fun though:tounge_out:, and very cold!:embarassed: That was up at the little lake, Scotts Run.

4. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I only ever caught bass out of French Creek State Park not even any really good ones take Lendog's advice better cats in the skuke:wink:

5. caneywaney

caneywaney New Member

State:
    Pa
    I took my son up there about 2 weeks ago and we were fishing from the dock by the boat ramp. We were using some minnows left over from an earlier trip that day and my son got hammered by what I think was a muskie. We were using braided kevlar on our heavier "river rods" and whatever hit it, cut the line. This happened 2 times that night. 2 boats pulled up to leave for the night and they stated they didn't have much luck either. I do remember it was a full moon that night and we were using some neon green glow sticks attached about 2 feet up from the bait.

I do like the lake but we had no luck on 'em that night. Gonna hit the Skuke some night soon here with him:big_smile:

6. Good luck, and keep an eye on the sky buddy!:wink:

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I went to Hopewell last fall in search of trout!:eek:oooh: We were gonna originally use minnow, but the baitshop ran out of the fatheads and only had pike shiners which were too big.

So I had a half used box of waxworms left from baitfishing and bailed about 20 trout in 15 minutes. We were then ran off by a bunch of geriatric regulars because they said were we killing the fish by letting them go. Those 80 year old white dudes really threatened us with bodily harm.

That's what happens when I venture out of my home territory and into the PA suburbs!:smile2::cool2:

8. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I agree that Struble lake is a better idea if you are going for channel cats. When I lived in the area I went to Scotts Run alot and did real good for trout most of the time.