French Broad River

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by toeriverman, May 16, 2008.

1. toeriverman

toeriverman New Member

State:
    nc
    HAS ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK ON THE FRENCH BROAD RIVER OR THE CANE OR TOE RIVER NEAR THE NOLECHUCKY

2. yellowcat

yellowcat New Member

State:
    Hot springs, NC
    There are some decent fish in the French Broad but most of the best spots are on private land. 20-30 pound fish are frequently caught between Asheville and the Tenn state line. As you can tell from the response to your thread there aren't alot of people fishing the French Broad for large catfish so this is a plus. Most of the fishing pressure has been centered on small mouth bass and the river is becoming more well know for this reason.

3. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I'm pretty sure there was a write up in the NC sporstman magazine a few months ago. It basically said that you better have a very tough boat and know exactly where your going otherwise you might just be on the bottom like the cats. I guess there's a lot of boulders in that river from what I read. Supposed to be good fishing if you know where your going.

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    im from thear and was up last month if you guys dont get some rain thears not going to be a river iv never ever seen it so low i use to fish the part behinde the airport

5. yellowcat

yellowcat New Member

State:
    Hot springs, NC
    It's up and rolling red now with the rain from Fay, but you are right it was getting scary, not enough water to hide a good sized fish in.

6. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i have caught those muskies that the state put in the river, but never catfished on the river, broad is easy river to fish if the water is not to low, guess you could catch some of those redhorse suckers and use them for cut bait as they are the primary bait fish:roll_eyes: