Fremont?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by catfish_jordan, Aug 27, 2006.

1. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    for labor day we and my family are going to fremont state lakes.my question is has any body from ne. been there? ive been ther there before and caught some good catfish.
    thanks

dont let your kid be the one that got away:big_smile:

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Jordan. I haven't fished Fremont lakes in a copple of years but They do hold some good cats. Good luck and catch A big old Boy OK.

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I haven't fished fremont lakes in years. But I did take the dog (half black lab and half border collie) there a few years back to teach him how to swim. The boats seemed to be killing the catfish, literally. The props of all the ski boats were slicing them nearly in half, and the big ones had their spines cut in half. Casey, my dog, loved to retreive them more than the toys we were throwing out in the lake.

Also, some of the lakes have mercury advisories on the fish from the lakes. Check with the local DNR to find out which ones.

Kenny

4. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    If you are seriously interested in doing some fishing, I'd suggest Louisville SRA or Two Rivers State Park as much better, less crowded destinations for your Labor Day weekend Camping expedition.

5. decker

decker New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I grew up catfishing at the Fremont State lakes. If you want to catch some good catfish fish off alittle road between Victory lake and lake 12, thats were i have had the best luck. Use turky liver or stink bait. Lake 20 is a good lake for catfish but i think it is closed due to the mercury in the lake.

6. JakeW

JakeW New Member

State:
    Fremont, NE
    that is the exact same trail i was thinking about. the little closed off road between them lakes is where i use to go. i told him lake 16 is also pretty good. but victory will be the best.