Freeze Warnings?

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by Hope, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well, not quite here... but they're callin for a low of 35 tonight and 34 for Saturday, so I'll bring in the pots and hangbaskets.

Just thought everyone might wanna check their forecasts and see whether some plant covering might be needed for the next few days.
    Gorgeous starry skies around here and the full moon's been a beauty, but it's a lil too nippy for the tender bloomers. :lol:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    "TENDER BLOOMERS" I believe I dated her back in high school. LOL!

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    LOL ... George... you quack me up :lol:

I was tryin to be poetic, dontchaknow?!? :wink:

4. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    It was 70 monday...planted onions...78 yesterday with horizontal rain...32 today with snow.

5. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    ya its gonna get pretty cold for the next week here. Im glad I didnt get my hot peppers goin yet. Im pretty sure this will be the llast frost of the season in mo. but you never know:crazy:

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well, now they've got us down for rain mixed with snow showers late tomorrow night, and lows dipping down into the low-mid 30's through Sunday. Guess the bloomers will stay in the house till we get back to Springtime :cool2: Might have to bring in some wood and stoke up the fireplace, too!
    Everyone stay warm :lol:

7. bank bouncer

bank bouncer New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    Yep covered my garden stuff after work today, lows mid 20's.

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Its been in the 80's yesterday and in the 40's now.Gonna get down to about 25 tonight.Had to bring in all the plants from the porch today.They said this(40-50's-day 30's-night) will last for a couple weeks.I hate this cold.I'm ready for Summer!!!

9. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo

lmao!!:lol: well then I think we have something in common haha

10. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Glad we're not the only ones having weird weather! Monday it was in the mid 80's and the humidity was awful!! Today was upper 60's w/north winds; cool tonight. Supposed to have a couple of nights coming up of upper 30's. Yep, our Easter cool snap; happens every year, no matter when Easter is!
    Hope all you folks have a great weekend....and keep those "bloomers" inside!!:lol:

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Yea they are talking mid thirtys tonite and freezeing tomorrow nite

12. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Yep hit in the 90's Wednesday, with a high to day of 70 and low they are saying will hit 37 Friday and 33 Saturday. What's up with this???? George you doing some kind of weird experiment or something up there??????????

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    WHAT? I just had to run with the "TENDER BLOOMERS" reference. LOL!

14. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yup yup... that's my theory... it's all George's fault!! :choler:

ouch.. that one's skeery!

But you may be relieved to know that the tender bloomers are doing well :lol: surrounding me here in my back-porch office/ greenhouse. Looks like they'll be crampin my style through Sunday, when Spring is forecast to return here.

15. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    AH! Surrounded by tender bloomers waitin for spring. I would hope it never came. LOL!

16. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    George!! :eek:oooh:
    Brother... yer squashin my poetic impulses over here... lol. You better believe I'll think twice before applyin any more metaphors :tounge_out: :wink:

17. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    It was 41 when I got up this morning. Weather man said will be even colder tomorrow.

18. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Don't let old George get to young'n you know those mad scientist better known as catfishermen......LOL

19. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    LOL don't I know it, Jim! I am married to one of those mad scientist feeshy-man type critters.
    Life would be pretty bland without characters ... ermm... I mean charming gentlemen... like these :cool2:

20. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Gentlemen now we were talking about George here.....LOL