Freeman Lake Elizabethtown

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by brand270, Jul 30, 2009.

1. brand270

brand270 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hello, I'm new to the site. Just wondering if anyone has fished Freeman Lake and did any good, What bait did you use? I use Chicken livers with strawberry koolaid, also used some stew meat with garlic. Fred

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC !

3. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Never fished freeman lake but I have heard its stocked with channels.
    Welcome to the BOC.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Brandon Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I'm not familar with the lake you mentioned.:0a25::0a22:

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Brandon.

6. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC. Brandon :cool2:

7. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hey brandon welcome to the boc. they just stocked it with 1100 pounds of catfish. I fish paylakes that puts in that much. And they r a whole lot smaller. we r working on getting the fishing better there. freeman lake was better before they had to drain it to fits the dam. I work for parks and recreation and that's one of r parks. If u fish it good luck. Do u live in E-town?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  8. brand270

brand270 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yes I do , I like the fact I live just 4 minutes from the Ring Road entrance. I fish there mostly but have been hearing about the boat docks being hot spots. I used to fish there before the dam leaked but after have not until now. I fished down behind Target on Saturday but the turtles took everything I put out. And today by Ring Road with no bites at all.

9. stinkyrod

stinkyrod New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well good luck and welcome to the boc

10. sittinheavy

sittinheavy New Member

State:
    ky

I've fished freeman lake growing up as a kid, the only time we really caught catfish when fishing for them was over by the damn and at night. We'd get run off quite often. Other than that it was while fishing for bluegill with crickets around the dock or brush piles and while bass fishing with plastic worms around the rocks.