freeman and shafer reservoirs

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by river scum, Oct 11, 2005.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    whats the word on cats in these waters guys?

2. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    The tailwaters behind the dam on lake freemon is a pretty good spot. I believe it is the Oakdale dam. It is usually very crowded though with lots of people on shore and boat traffic. Last time I was there an idiot in a boat came cruising about 10 ft. from shore where everyone was fishing and got my line tangled up in his outboard. I got the last laugh though when his engine stalled and I started to reel in his boat.

3. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Good goin Joe!! HAHA He got what he deserved! My brother went down to Lake Schafer a couple of weeks ago and they actuallt tied their boat off to the Galaxy rollercoaster in Indiana Beach and they were mainly fishing for carp, but they also caught three flatheads,15,13 and 9 pounders. They were reeling in carp as fast as they could take them off the hook!

4. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    On Shafer, I had the most luck out in front of the Indiana Beach Amusement Park, and just north of the park along the western bank. The Tippi main channel runs close to the bank there and makes a steep drop off. We caught several nice flatheads on live goldfish a couple weeks ago there. Good Luck!

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    be sure to pm me next time you go up there bro. would like to fish it with yall.