Free Skipjack!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by jtrew, Apr 16, 2007.

1. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'm cleaning out my bait freezer, getting ready to refill it at Pickwick the end of this month. Most of what I'm getting rid of is two-year-old frozen skipjack; not the best in the world. I've got probably 100#-150# I'm going to throw in the garbage this coming Thursday. Anybody wants it, just let me know, and come get it.

2. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Jerry, will come get some of them!

3. little fiddler

little fiddler New Member

State:
    mississippi
    hay jtrew how are u

4. dudlbugr

dudlbugr New Member

State:
    Cleveland, AL

Jerry, if you're gonna throw 150 lbs away, how about not catching so much at Pickwick this time? You know, save some for the rest of us???:0a36: I might have children one day that would like to fish with skipjack....

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Normally I would have used them up, but for personal reasons, I didn't wet a line for over a year. Then too, if I do run out, it's a 500 mile round trip over to Pickwick to restock.

6. dudlbugr

dudlbugr New Member

State:
    Cleveland, AL
    I suppose the best way to keep from having to make that 500 mile trip is to not throw it away... Jerry, I've got skips that are at least 2 years old. If nothing else, at least the heads will stay on the hook.
    That said, if my freezer goes down, I'll lose it all. Yep... about 10 lbs, probably.
    I guess the skips have quit venturing up the Arkansas River, huh?

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    If it's a good day, and several of us are fishing for skippies, and we spend most of the day at it, we can catch enough skipjack on the Arkansas for 2 or 3 fishing trips. Don't know why, but I've never been able to fill up a 5 gallon bucket with skippies on the Arkansas; I can fill several in an afternoon on the Tennessee. Now, I really enjoy catching skipjack, but I'd rather be catching catfish. That's why I'm a catfisherman rather than a skipjackfisherman, practicing catch & release and not keeping any skippies at all.

8. suggy183

suggy183 New Member

State:
    NE
    Wish I would have seen u sooner I have been looking all over for skipjak can't find any in my neck of the woods and it is the only thing I am catching them on