Free Ramp at Plattsburgh

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lakeith, Jul 3, 2007.

1. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    I don't know if this should go under lakes/Res. or rivers? Anyway how much pitch/angle is that free ramp? i don't want to scrape up my prop if i lauch. I've got a 16ft bass tracker.

2. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    There shouldn't be any problems , its a nice slow slopping ramp probably a guess at 20 - 25 degree angle.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I put in up there quite a bit while the river was up and didn't have any problems with my 20' jon. Saw a lot of other boats going in and out with no problem.

Hunter's right, it's a really shallow pitch and was pretty smooth also the last time I put in.

Give me a call one of these days, Bruce, and we'll hit the river!

Branden

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    No problems,just watch for the stump on the east side(left as you face down the ramp0bout 10 feet out and 10 feet to the left.

5. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Thanks for the info guys, i'm gonna give it a try sometime soon. I'm gonna trouble you all for one more question. How far is it down to the main lake? I went up from W hwy tuesday to some trees and let my 4yr old catch some crappie but, i'm kinda scared to go too far w/ all those stumps. I've heard you shouldn't try it if you don't know your way down from that ramp.

6. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Sounds like a plan Branden. I'm thinking about camping sometime soon at the lake and setting out a trotline fishing alot etc... I also get down once or 2x a week just to fish. I'm about 27miles away now we moved to a new house about a yr. ago.

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Cool, congrats on the new house. It's a LONG way down to the main lake from the free ramp. I know a lot of guys run it, but I've never gone more than maybe 3 miles down from the ramp.

8. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Wow, i didn't know it was over 3 miles! That must be some great fishing. That sounds like a all day quest for a novice river runner.