Free License?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by airforceben, Mar 8, 2007.

1. airforceben

airforceben New Member

State:
    california
    Ive been in the Air Force for about 2 years, ive never been the type to ask for military discounts or anything like that becuase serving my country was a decision that I made and I dont expect anything in return for it. But since moving to california to beale Air Force Base and discovering 2 times that a cali fishing license costs over 40.00 bucks, I have to say couldn't we give military members free fishing licenses if for nothing else due to that fact that they move around so much.
    Just curious what you guys thought.:cool2:

2. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    In Tennessee you do fish free of a license if you have papers showing you are on leave.

Danny

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I thought being military meant you could hunt and fish pretty much where ever you needed to. :sure:

Im for giving serious discounts, even totally free possibly. Just as long as you all come home, and soon!

:spiderman:

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i'm all for it Ben, and thank you for your service!

5. airforceben

airforceben New Member

State:
    california
    thx for all the support guys its appriciated

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ohio is the same as this. That is a good question tho why cant they just fish for free or very disounted.

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Same in PA. as long as you have the papers :wink:

8. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm all for it, Ben... seems like the least that could be done for y'all!
    Take good care and thank you for your devotion to service.

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I agree, they should be free in all states for the military.

10. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Indiana is free, all ya need is yer ID and Papers. Need to carry those papers with ya for the cops anyway...I found out the hard way. Tuck that pass in yer wallet or the cops will take you in if there is someone with even a similar name from anywhere in the world. Cops take their hearts out once a year for the pictures of the "Shop with a Cop Program" at Xmas....
    :smile2:
    Boy that would be a coup for any Congressman or Senator right now. A bill for all active service personnel, fish, hunt, trap, free in any state of the union. Heck, GW ought to do it.

11. Longhunter

Longhunter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    While on this subject I have found a lot of Oklahoma residents don’t know that 100% disabled Vets. get a free license and folks on SSD get a Disability lic. $10.00 for fishing and same 10 for hunting and they are 5 year Lic.

You have to print application off Wildlife Dept. Web page fill it out and send it in by snail mail.

Thanks for your service

12. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    get them free in texas w/ valid Mil ID

13. bowhuntinbubba

bowhuntinbubba New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Illinois is free disabled and military. have to prove it though.

14. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Active duty military members may fish in Ohio without a state license.

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree If you served in the Military you should never have to pay for a hunting or fishing license in any state. This is the least we, this country, could do for are men and women.

16. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Yes I agree that you should get a free license no matter what state what gets me is that people get up and say they support the military and if you check there records you find they don,t you see on Tv every now and then someone asking what the Fed gov. Is doing or claming the president don,t care for the vets well being Well check the local and ST gov. what are they doing Here in Ar they are debateing on where to raise there expences by 50% Nothing has been purposed for the VETS. returning from the war or for the disabled VETS. but they get up on there BAND wagon and say how they supportThe Troups BULL TO ALL ANDYOU GUYS YOU ACTIVE DUTY RESERVE N.G. AND DISABLED VETS THANK YOU FOR SERVEING

17. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I noticed that lots of states with the free part, you have to be a resident of that state, or stationed in that state. I think it should be anyone on active duty, any state in the union....Let these folks who have so earned it make some happy memories, to go with the bad ones. Want to go up to Alaska an bou hunt, or salmon fish. Maybe some of the hot spots out west for trout, whatever. Whatever we can do for them ought to be done.
    :big_smile: