Free hot tub

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Apr 27, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    no sorry im not giving anyone a free hot tub. I GOT ONE! we hoo. well heres the story.

one fella had it new & pump went out. he put a new pump in it. later it got a leak. he couldnt figure it out,lol. he gave it away. the fella who got it figured out it was a jet. he just bypassed it. then two winters ago we lost power for 5-6 days. it froze. broke a few of the unions in the plumbing.

he fixed them. then after 3-4 days it was empty. he refilled. 3-4 days fine. next day empty. he couldnt figure out why. he filled it 5-6 times and same every time. 3-4 days go by and then all the sudden empty. it sat all last year. today he gave it to me.

we lifted up and one unions he didnt repalace broke in two. he was shocked that it was broke. he said he didnt replace it and thought it was ok. he said i hope that want all that was wrong with it. oh well hs said wife wanted it gone anyhow. i just ordered the parts and even an extra in case. $30.:cool2:

they will be here by the weeks end. it may be all i needed. if not its simply a crack in the pvc somewhere thats getting warm and leaking. needs a bit of cleaning. ill get a pic tomorrow. 3.4 person. 2 comfortably. i plan on revamping the ceder and putting the new bypassed jet in to if i find this mystery leak. im almost convinced it was that screw on union. it was cracked and as heat and pressure built it was expanding and draining.:smile2:

sweet. looks like he may have dropped the bomb a lil early.

2. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    U lucky ducky! I want one real bad. :tounge_out:

I found out that if a doctor recommends putting one in for medical reasons (arthritis, joint pain) you can use it as a tax deduction if ya itemize!:crazy: (I know it sounds crazy, but it's true!)

So quickly....go get a prescription and then your cost of fixing it is deductable!:smile2:
    Can't remember all the tax laws surrounding it. I just thought that since I wanted one anyway that I needed a doctor to agree that I needed it!!:smile2::smile2:

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    shoot if the $30 took care of it im not worried. a lil deck wash on the ceder and some new stain shell be good as new. has some calcium deposits but nothing a lil clr wont take care of. has 10-12 jets and a couple adjustable ones. the pump is like a $1200.00 one. lil oversized for the tub. he said it will really stirr up the water. has adjustable air for bubbles and dig temp settings and underwater light. i plugged it in tonight for a few seconds to check. pump came right on and the keypad light right up.

ill spend a few hundred if needed to fix jet and get it in place and a little wood around it for a bar ect. ill never own one if i gotta spend 3-4 grand but for a freebeee ill invest a few hundred. and cover with it too.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like good luck to me. Great job

5. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If you don't like it, it would make a great bait tank. lol Just leave the heater off. LOL

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Leave it to JIM (LOL) but it would!

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Congrats on the hot tub my grandpa brought one back from Florida and tryed to give it to us but we didnt have no place to put it in the house, so my sister is going to take it and put it in her traylor, there comfortable, nothing like laying in a hot tub when your swore.

8. mariofish

mariofish New Member

State:
    wv
    that is cool:big_smile:

9. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Score! :cool2:

Congrats on the hot tub. I have been wanting one sunk into a back deck for a long time. Are you putting it outside?

Pictures my man! :crazy:

10. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    WHAT'A DEAL FOR 30.00

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Gotta love deals like that. :big_smile:

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    coming now. yes going outside. right at the corner of the deck. soon as i make sure this was the leak. otherwise i have to set it on 4x4's to see where the water is going after it warms up. but ide bet my left ------dollar:roll_eyes:that this is the problem. already paypaled the parts shop. should have them by weeks end.:big_smile:

pics.

first one look at the ceder. i simply am pressure washing with my new washer. looks new. stopped 1/2 way to get before after pic.
    the pic of the guts where the 2" pvc elbows in to the silver heater tube. there is the big black plastic nut on left side. this was new because it froze. notice other right side is not hooked up. thats the one that fell apart as we lifted it. it hit nothig so that was probably the failed connection that was releasing the water. i ordered 2 and 2 of the split rings that go in it and 4 of the rubber seals. so $30 got the parts and spare. + extra seals. the blue dot inside is the light underwater.

clr took the calcium right off. and she sparkles like new darn near.

plan on bleach washing the ceder and sealing and building a lil bar from treated around it with a ceder top. ill be updating as i go. this is awesome. almost got a 8 man 3 years ago for $500 but another guy beat me to it.

13. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Boy that is a right Fancy Bait Tank. Man will those minnows be happy.:big_smile:

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    looked like one when i got it.:smile2: makes sense now i really think about it. the connection thats broke hooks into heater. he said after a day or two heating up it would loose 6" or so. then the next gone. as the plastic and water heated that cracked nut lost its seal. then after water was gone and cold water added it would shrink back up. then after a few days heating again. i think i got me a good tub. he just overlooked something simple. he said "no offence but i hope its harder to fix than that."

wait. hey anyone looking for a nice bait tank for $500?

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Why not share and have both uses. LOL

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    my neighbor can over one time and found me neck deep in my koi pond. when i had my 5000 gal one. he said what are you doing? i said wait. and pulled up a 14" plecostomus and said look how big these get in a pond.:crazy: i was checking on them. only way to do it was noodle them.:wink:

so i aint to fancy to swim with the fishes.:big_smile: filling it up now. jacked it up with 4x4's so when i get these parts i can fire it right up. and off the ground if it has any other plumbing leaks i can see what side there comming from and with a little mirror exactly where. oh its gonna be sweet.

17. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    congrats on the find brother, that ought to warm u up in the winter time, or when u are just ailing from work!!!! hot tub & a cold one after work-can't beat that!!!

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    got confirmation last night that my parts will arive this friday. by next weekend i night be loungeing in it. now how to route my pc cord to it?:roll_eyes:

19. seacatfish

seacatfish New Member

State:
    Florida
    Hey, u got a daughter to run out the beers for u? If not, you`re gonna have to build a cooler into it, too.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    got a son lol. but ya. im building a bar around it if i can get this mystery leak solved. WITH A COOLEr built right into the middle of the bar.:wink: