Free Food

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by gottofish, Aug 6, 2009.

1. gottofish

gottofish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kat Food that is. How am I supposed to compete with this? (photo). My single shad on a hook is like trying to sell hot dogs when the guy next to you is giving away free steaks!

I drifted cut and live shad for three hours and got one screaming clicker for abot 2 seconds. It sure wasn't a snag. Or was it? Clicker payed out about three times faster than the drift speed. Quit just as fast as it started. Not the slow steady bending of the rod that a snag does. Then not snaggged at the end of the episode. Got my heart pumping! Is that what this is about? Sure seems like a slooooow learning process. Maybe its just me...

Attached Files:

2. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    You probably would have had a better chance if you kept your clicker off using a circle hook. he would have pretty much hooked himself since your drifting. I like the sound of the clicker going off too as a cat runs, but for drifting I would have those rods set for sure if you have a circle hook. I hope you get him next time:big_smile:

3. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Forgive me for not saying welcome to the BOC:big_smile:

4. gottofish

gottofish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Blade...I'm trying to catch one worthy of an avitar!

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Mitch.

6. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yea fishen can be tough with all that bait around. But looks like some good fish holden under the shad. Next time use a big hook and about 4 shad heads that might perk em up.