Free Fishing...

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by fishnfwl, Jun 5, 2008.

1. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Just a reminder that this weekend is the Free Fishing for Here In Illinois and across the river In Missouri, so if you want to try across the river it is free, or maybe that older neighbor or relative that used to fish but no longer has any one to take them, maybe call them up and take them out Sat or Sun, for a few hours of memories, never know, they may just need it to get going again.

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Speaking of old timers.. you fishing Randy? :smile2::smile2:

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well more like drowning bait and floating around! :smile2: Been working on momma's boat, she bought her a console steer cause she just don't like my tiller steer, so between storms and storms and floods, Yea been Crappie and Walleye fishing mostly, floated around on the Mississippi last weekend caught a 60# log in 8mph current, testing the knots ya know :smile2: other than a few crappie and some walleye, not much really just waiting for the rain to cool things off a bit :smile2: :smile2:

4. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    This rain has really messed with the fishing... It's just been rotten for me everywhere but Baldwin. Might try some nighttime jugging at Carlyle this weekend.... but I am worried that it will suck again. LOL. I am having a real rough time finding the channels at carlyle lately. Last time I fished along the riprap of the trussel and got nothing. Hoping they will be there this next go around.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    BW, With all the high water you really need to get up in the northern ditch or Speaker lake area, NW corner, the water is like 3-5 feet above the stumps for the most part, I'm not saying run it wide open but you can easily no wake it through the area safely, any way they have been slaughtering th eater fish out there with lines and jug lines on just about every type of bait, talked to guys using prepared bait, shad, crawlers, dads you name it. Been some nice one caught in t he old river channel also..... they are in a big time feed and will stay that way as long as the water stays up like it has....