Free agents

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Little Luey, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Anyone out there following the free agent movement?
    do you like what your team is doing or is this just too early in the season to care?

I personally like that the bears resign Briggs and like the fact that they did not overpayed for Bernard Berrian. Got the two QB's signed for one more year and should be a good competition. Still need to get a RB and some WRs.

2. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Almost embarassed to mention my favorite team, the Chiefs. So I'll stop there. But my close second has always been da Bears. I'm shocked that we were able to keep Briggs. Certainly after he promised not to return for us. I hope he will be able to forget about the ugly process and be able to concentrate on performing on the field at the same level.

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Have the Colts made any good signings?

4. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Yep, I was also shocked to see Briggs sign with the Bears again. Hopefully he won't be whining about this contract and treatening to hold out next season.

I am not sure if the Colts have sign any new free agents to tell you the truth.
    I do know the Patriots lost a lot of good players, it will be interesting to see how well they play without them.

5. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    As for the Colts the only thing I have seen is this

Indianapolis may have some interest in talking to former Tampa Bay and Atlanta RB Warrick Dunn as well as ex-Buffalo DT Larry Tripplett. Dunn, who was released by the Falcons, would seem to be the perfect complement for starter Joseph Addai and he has had a good working and personal relationships with both Colts coach Tony Dungy and assistant head coach Jim Caldwell.
    Tripplett, meanwhile, began his NFL career with Indianapolis after being a second-round draft choice in 2002. He was recently released by the Bills.

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Dunn and Triplett would be awsome pickups..

7. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Not sure I would depend on Tripplett as a starter. Pretty solid backup, but I don't like him as a full time starter. Disappears for spells sometimes. But I'm not a Colts man, so go ahead and slap him in there. I doubt he's gonna scare Larry Johnson out of there!

8. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hopefully Lions will pick up some good free agents this year

9. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The STEELERS signed Justin Hartwig as a starting center and picked up a couple guys to improve on our dismal special teams.

10. Randync

Randync Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am a Chiefs fan too, kind of bleak this off season so far.