Free $100.00

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DeerHunter01, Feb 15, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well now I got your attention !! lol

I have been having some problems here lately, about a Month and a half ago I started with a nice morning of waking up and coming into the kitchen and lost my balance and fell. About four years ago I had back surgery, and then 1year after that I had Major surgery to my back with a plate and 6 screws and 6 pins put in my L-5, S-1. and have had all kind of trouble since then. The doctors say it will never work that I will continue to have major problems all my life now.

So 1 month and a half ago I went into a wheel Chair, something that I never wanted to do. but I worked my butt off trying to walk again, I had swelling in my back that shut off all the nerves going down into my legs, now I am up and walking again with the help of a cane.

So I met a person from Kentucky here that makes canes and Kentucky walking sticks and he built one for me with my initials carved in it and a nice crystal door handle on the top part with a rubber stopper on the end. It was delivered to me yesterday and I thought I would share this with you, I have pictures of it and they will follow.

One thing I learned while in the wheel chair, please never take for granted someone in a wheel chair, cause it is very hard to get around, plus get thru doors in stores or any other place , plus it puts one big stress on your family, of course they would never say anything but I am sure it wears them down. I hope and pray each day not to go back into the wheel chair but it sits here next to me knowing that from the doctors it will happen again. They claim since I am fused on my back, they are not able to go back in. So I am kind of stuck between a rock and a Cane. Enjoy the pictures I thought this came was unreal.

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Here is the rest of the pictures:

Attached Files:

3. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Eric,

I'm sorry to hear about your back problems. I know I would hate a wheelchair. Your walking stick is right nice. I love the twists.

Now stick the $100.00 check in the mail. That address in Liberty Township is... LOL

Mike

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Your check is in the mail sir !! lol Do I sould like the IRS now ?? :p

Or is it send your money to us !! lol

5. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Sorry to hear about your injury. Keep fighting and keep yourn chin up. The first battle is in your own mind. Win that one and you can win the war. Nice looking cane. I have a walking stick that is similar somewhere in my attic that I picked up in the Caribbean. (minus the snazzy handle :) )

Good Luck!:0a23:

6. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Eric,

Ahhh... never mind!!!! Price of stamps what they are today ($7.00 in Texas) it's cheaper to say, it's better to owe ya than cheat ya out of it. ;)

Mike

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Eric, I had no idea you had all those problems...I hope and pray you get better.

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah I did not know eithier. You hang in there man!

9. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Eric keep the money and do something you enjoy with it. I know just how you fill as my dad has been getting around with a walker and wheel chair for two years now. Even to get him in the boat is a job in itself but i do get him out every week or so. Just make the best of everyday and remember the brotherhood is always here for you.

10. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Schoe had told me about your bad back, but I never realized it was so bad. I guess that means the wife can dress ya in pink, and you can't fight back huh???

Ray

11. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Tim: I do have my good days were I can get around with a limp without the Cane but short distance, If I had to go to a mall right now and shop I would not make it but in the door and hit a bench..lol

Everyday is a new day to me, its go to bed wonder if your going to get up and walk or have to get in the wheelchair, but its all been good now for over a couple of weeks. I didn't make this post to get people to feel sorry for me but I made it to show the work this guy did in this cane, instead of answering questions why I needed a cane I thought I would explain why first.

I guess these grow on fence lines in this area, it a type of vine that grows around the tree as it grows and makes this wrap, I just thought it would be good to share with the members here.

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    DH, that is a nice one. I know exactly what your going through..

Thanks for the work you do on BOC.

13. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Its about time ya came clean.

Looks to me like ya can part the waters with that wizzard stick and just pick the fish up! LOL!

14. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    DH, that is one sharp looking cane. I had a spiral one picked out like that over at my sister's house but someone beat me to it. I had planned to make a cane something like yours, I still hope to find one somewhere. We are sure glad you are able to get around without the wheel chair right now buddy. You are one strong young man and we know you can whip this thing.:) You are always in our prayers Eric.

15. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Hey Buddy nice walkin' stick!
    I share similar problems with L-3 and L-4 having no disks and full of scar tissue due to several surgeries and also have several vertabre in my neck fused and screwed.
    Doc's have told me I was too much of a hoss when I was young and should have used my brain instead of my brawn. I was one of those guys who would pull an engine without the use of a picker, had several mishaps climbing the Rockies and a motor cycle wreck. My best advise to you is to keep on pushing the envelope. Walk as much as possible and sit as little as possible, then lie down when you can't do either. It's great therapy for me, BTW I don't get to far without a walkin' stick or cane and Percocet is my best friend. :cool:

16. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Sorry to hear about your situation. It's a shame bad things happen to good people.

On a lighter note, I bet you look like a redneck pimp with that cane. It looks nice.

17. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    D/H hang in there, It does get better believe me. I have spent as long as a month at a time not able to get up.
    I go to a calibrator 3 days a week, If I don't its back to a walker or wheelchair. Also I have insoles made for my shoes and that will allow me to walk or stand. but standing is what gets me.
    Like you the other night. The standing kills me. Also back pain is bad. But nothing like the leg pain from the back.
    They have cut on mine 2 times, Next time is SS screws and plates. but that is the last resort for me.
    Pete

18. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    I wondered where my antique door handle went... :huh: that is one nice looking walking stick. hope you get better soon.. the good part about having a wheel chair tho would be that if you get an electric one you could get a bigger motor and a trailor hitch to pull the boat and fishing gear with you, you may want to think about offroad tires even.. just hang in there everything will be fine. i believe the higher power has a plan for us all. take care of yourself..

kenny

19. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    DH, that is a very cool stick. And it does look like a wizard stick, so I guess the cat is out of the bag, and we can 'fess up now.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is time to announce the Witch and the Wizard of the BOC haved planned to take over the world. Only those of you who have been lucky enough to find this site are the chosen few who will rule with us when we rise up and proclaim, "WE ARE FISHERFOLK, AND WE ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD!!!":rock-big:

20. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Eric,

Congrats on getting an AWESOME looking cane. I'm gonna be on the look out for an interesting branch to make you a walking stick. Back in my boyscout days, we made quite a few that were a thing of beauty like your cane.

Since I learned of your troubles in chat, I have been praying for you every day. Remember, the DOCTORS say they can't go back in, but the creator and healer can.

God Bless you Eric