fredricktown old gravel pits

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by rcbbracing, Aug 17, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know this wont pertain to most of you guys. This is meant more for guys local to me like dave, jack, and others. I know i have heard some awesome things but they have been fenced off for years now. Well ive got a close family friend that works for kokosing and he is gonna take me with him some night out there. What all is in there? Is it flats too or just channels? He wasnt sure but knew they caught some monsters outta there he said... well thanks in advance for any help...:big_smile:

2. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    only channels that i know of, ive never seen any flats come outat here, but i did see a stringer of 5 or 6 saugeye that were all over 30 inches long a couple years ago, if you have a small boat you can get into the creek and row or trolling motor in you can fish there all you want, they cant stop you from that :wink:its part of the kokosing river sytsem

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dave, Dave is right as far as I have ever heard. The Saugeye are in there as well as channels, deep and clear water. As many flatheads that have been released in other waters around here I wouldn't doubt that one or two have been dropped in there too. :wink:

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck David!

5. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks for the info guys! My buddy invited me to do this earlier this year and we still havent went so maybe we wont at all. But he is still talking about it and i was kinda excited about trying someplace new to fish...who knows...When and if i go Ill let you all know how i do...:roll_eyes:

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don't give up Dave. I think it would be a perfect place for a record channel.