Fred Hall Show

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by plumbertom1, Mar 7, 2007.

1. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    For those of you who have never attended The Fred Hall show, It's the biggest fishing and boat show in this part of the country.
    All the major manufacturers have display booths there and many of the local people.
    It is THE place to find information and fishing gear that you may have a hard time finding elsewhere.
    Those of you that are attending the DeltaLover trip this weekend, if there is something I can look for for you while I'm there you can PM me today until 12noon when I'm planning on leaving.
    Leave a number where I can reach you and if I find the Item(s) you want I'll call you before I purchase them.
    I will check this post and my personal messages just before I leave today.

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Tom, while you are there, get me one of the Free trips to Sika...... and a date with the bonzo... chicks....

bayrunner ray

3. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I'll look into that for you.

4. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Tom, if you can find a couple of lures specificaly for strippers I would appreciate it.
    You can reach me on my cell which is 323 326-3893. I can reimburse you when I see you only if it is not too much of a hastle though.

Jaime

5. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Jaime, there are literally hundreds of lures just for stripers.
    The question is which ones work the best in the delta.
    That I can't answer because I don't have the time on the water there.
    So I suggest you wait until your in the delta area and can ask of a local or just pick a couple from my box and try them.
    Most of the lures that are in my share box were purchased on Ebay for pennies on the dollar so if they're lost it's no big deal.

6. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks Tom! I been reading the fishing report on the Delta but it make no reference to lure types.

Jaime

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Delta/Stockton

***Bass **Stripers **Sturgeons

The sturgeon bite has slowed, with only a few landed at the Mothball Fleet or in the Napa River. Striped bass have been hit or miss, with the trolling bite way off after the storm run-off hit the Sacramento River. Most fish landed on pile worms, shad or bullheads. Largemouth bass action is good. Jerry Kimball at the Hook, Line and Sinker in Oakley said bass are turning on the reaction bite on crankbaits, spinner baits or swimbaits.

Call: Fisherman's Warehouse in Manteca (209) 239-2248, Randy Pringle (209) 543-6260, Kevin Yost, Lucky Strike Fishing (707) 301-8050, Dave Mierkey, Rip Their Lips Off Guide Service (888) 924-5477.