Freakin DMV!

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by TXCatfishinSC, Jul 24, 2009.

1. TXCatfishinSC

TXCatfishinSC New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Went to get my drivers license this morning so I could FINALLY get my fishing license. According to the DMV, I have to have my birth certificate in order to get my license. Shouldn't my Texas issued license be enough to get my SC one? Anyway, looks like it'll be at least two weeks before I can get my fishing license.

2. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    You should be able to get a nonresident fishing license. It sucks you'd have to pay the extra money and you have to go through all of that, but at least you'd be fishing.

3. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Bummer dude. Good luck and hope you can get out soon!

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thank the Feds for that; "Homeland Security" dictated some rule changes that didn't necessarily apply in earlier years. Not that it's a bad thing, what with all the 'alien' workers and such that have flooded the country over the past few years. :big_smile:

5. BigTex

BigTex New Member

State:
    SC
    I had to go through the same thing when I moved here from Texas in 98. I lost my wallet right before I moved here and my temporary license from Tx was just a piece of paper with no pic. I showed it to the dmv here and they asked me if it was a real license. I waited for my "hard" license to get to my dad in Tx and he mailed it to me, went back to the dmv and they said they still had to have my SS card and birth certificate. Always hard to take care of any business with the government.

6. TXCatfishinSC

TXCatfishinSC New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    It'll cost an extra $25 to get a non-resident license. The DMV gives me 90 days to get my drivers license changed, why can't DNR offer the same? In the meantime, I'll just have to keep fishing the piers at Folly and Mt P. Only one more week or two and I can get it! Whoo-hoo!

7. rocklover

rocklover New Member

State:
    NC
    SC DMV can be a big pain!

8. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That sucks. Hope you get on the water soon.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sure sux not being able to use your current info. Good luck,,