Frankfort Area (Kentucky River)

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Raven Blayde, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've always fished the Lockport area of the Kentucky river, but found that there is a ramp in Frankfort near the 3 bridges (I think it was called "Benson Creek Boat Ramp", but I may be wrong on the name. Anyway, it's right there close to the 3 bridges and I was thinking of trying this part of the river this weekend. Anybody here ever fish this area? Would like some feedback if you have. Would be nice if there are some good fish under these large bridges. I just watched the weather and they are calling for warmer temps, but posible rain. If there are fish under those bridges, I could fish without worrying about getting wet. lol....

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Never fished there but have been over those bridges to go to the game farm trout fishing looks good from the van window ! Let us know how you do . Also checked out your myspace page very cool ! Talent being able to man all instruments and do the recording (by yourself doing the recording ? )

3. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I dont know about the area with the 3 bridges but i have fished at the steele branch boat ramp.Its 6 miles north of frankfort on 127.Have caught several fish but no large ones there.Always fished from pontoon behind points and drop offs there.

4. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks guys. I'll go give it a shot and see what happens later this week. I'll keep you updated on the progress. lance- I'm learning that guitar, bass, drums, synths, writing, recording, mixing and mastering are nothing compared to doing vocals! lol.... What a PAIN!! :smile2:

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    They got all kinds of rack gear to fix the vocals . Plus fixing it is easier than having to totally redo a drum track . Sing in a comfortable octave then use rack gear to lower or raise it only REALLY sucks when your trying to do it live ! Lucky for me 99% gutairs and 1% back-up vox . ! LOL !

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah when i lived in frankfort i fished there all the time.the mouth of that creek where it meets the river is a good spot,also the bridge right before you get to the mouth of the creek is a good spot as well.just be careful there.there some homeless guys that live up under that bridge,sometimes they will come out to talk to ya but they never bothered or tried anything but just to let you know they are there so it wont be any surprise.

7. Raven Blayde

Raven Blayde New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks, sounds like a good place to try (and a good place to sleep if the wife ever kicks me out):wink:. I was gonna try it yesterday, but ended up going to my usual spot (closer to home). My boat is having some issues that need fixed (and dry rotted tires that have to be aired up daily doesn't help either). :smile2: My luck, I'll get all the way down there and get a flat. Lockport ramp is close enough (just a couple of miles) that I can go home on a flat. lol... I'm definantly gonna go check that place out though. Thanks again!!