Frankford Arsenal tumbler?

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by derbycitycatman, Jun 17, 2008.

1. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I know it isnt Lyman, RCBS or one of the other high dollar tumblers but Ive been more than happy with my LEE press which isnt high dollar either. So my question is, has anyone used of their tumblers and what are their opinions on it. A friend is going to be in the Columbia, MO area tomorrow and dont know if the have a B and M store to save on shipping or if they will be any cheaper there. I passed on one at the gun show last weekend since i didnt know anything about them.

2. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I bought a Frankford Arsenal tumbler last fall when my old Midway tumbler finally died after years of hard use. The tumbler already quit on me last month. I was able to fix it the first time it quit by plugging a wire back in that had came loose from the motor. Now the motor wont start unless you take the bottom off and turn the fan by hand. I even ran this tumbler on a timer that was programmed to run the tumbler a few hours and then turn it off for a while instead of running it all night non stop like I did the old Midway tumbler. It also didn't seem to clean brass as good as the Midway tumbler. I have read bad reviews on just about every tumbler made. Right now I'm leaning towards the Dillon.

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hands down, I'd go with the RCBS standard tumbler. I've got one I've had for almost 20 years. I've used it so much that I've burned the motor up in it twice over the years. Each time, I just boxed it up and sent it back to RCBS, along with a little money for shipping. Each time, they sent it back with a new motor with no more charge than just the return shipping, with a note to send it back when it goes out again. The box I got it in and ship it to them with is looking more worn than the tumbler! With product service like that, who needs anything else?

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Try just one drop of a good oil for the shaft motor bearings on each end.

I love you Brothers and sisters.peewee

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have one,Brian,I just been too busy to use it yet .

6. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well Peewee I took the motor apart, cleaned it, and added a touch of oil but the motor still will not operate correctly.