Frabill min-o-bucket

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by lj catman, May 10, 2007.

1. lj catman

lj catman New Member

State:
    la junta,colorado
    I'm going to buy the frabill aqua-life bait station has anyone use this before and will it keep bluegills & shad alive for a long time. i use a regular bait bucket but my bait die's in know time. they want like 80.00 for it.or can i just buy the lid with all the stuff in it

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i carry my bait in an ice chest.i just chill the water with ice throw in a mr.bubbles,from walmart,and go fishing.that will keep 2 dozen 5 inch pearch over 24 hours no problem.

3. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I used the Frabill Aqua-Life Bait Station for several years with no problems. It was a tad bit loud for me, but most folks don't seem bothered by it. I am hard of hearing and the sound it makes was at the right pitch to interfere with my hearing the bait clickers on my Silstar Baitrunner reels. I would still be using it, if I hadn't made a critical error. I "assumed" it was water tight, what with the "O" rings built in. It isn't! Rain got in and killed the motor. No, you can't buy a replacement motor, I tried. This year, I bought their Aqua-Life stand alone unit and am mounting it on the old Bait Station.
    The good thing I like about the Aqua-Life's, one "D" battery will last well over 24 hours and along with working on the battery, they come with both 120 vac and 12 vdc cords.

4. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    I have had one for about 5 years with no problems. You will save the cost of it in bait in no time if you fish much.

Cheez

5. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    I didn't want to make a new thread so I thought I would bring this one back alive.I've narrowed my selection to two buckets.The one this thread is talking about,and the Aqua life 5gal bucket(light blue with aerator built in the bottom.Anyone own any of these two buckets.What problems have you had with either of the the too.

6. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken