Fox River

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Chicago, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Caught a nice flattie out of the fox river. Almost 20lbs. I've been experimenting with resizing pictures to fit onto the website, so I thought I'd post n give it a try

Attached Files:

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    now lets see a 50 lol

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nice fish bro! I hope they keep getting bigger for you!

4. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks guys. Slikk I may have to come out by you to tag that 50 pounder. lol. Although I did go again last night n caught one 2lbs heavier than the last one. Check it out. At this rate I'll break 50lbs sometime in the next 10 years. :smile2:

Attached Files:

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    you must have a hole, are you using goldfish or bluegill,pm me

6. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    Nice fish man and thanx for the good pic! Did you use some photo shop program to get the pic to fit? I've tried to post photos on my avatar and in posts, but I can never get it to fit. I don't want to pay for a program that does'nt work. THANKS!

7. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hock,

I too had problems getting pics to fit. My digital camera is 8.1 megapix so the images were several Mb each. After some experimentation, I figured out a trick.

Try opening your image in "Paint" Shop. There should be an option to do this when you are viewing your image. Or try right-clicking the image in its folder and go to "open with" and choose "Paint." Then go to the "Image" tab, select "Stretch/Skew" and reduce it in percent to 50% vertical and 50% horizontal. Then save the image in the same folder under a different name. I save it as "resized flattie", or whatever name you want.

You'll notice when you go back into the folder where your image is saved that the above process cut the image size dramatically. The original pic of my flattie was 2.73 Mb, and I reduced it to 85 Kb by doing what I just described.

I think the limit for attachments is 200 Kb, so you can experiment with the Stretch/Scew option in Paint to see how close to 200 Kb you can get it. Hope this helps

8. Shawn

Shawn New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Those are some nice fish from the Fox...long time fishermen can tell you anything close to 50# is very hard to come by. A 30# is a pretty good fish from the Fox, and some 40s get caught every year...

Shawn

9. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks Shawn.

Tragically, my best chance to pull a 50lber has been ruined. My buddy just informed me that a train derailed near Rockford spilling ethenol into the rock river, killing nearly all the fish from Rockford to Lyndon.

He said that trophy flathead are floating down the river dead. Some of those fish are probably over 20 years old. It may take decades to revitalize that part of the river.:embarassed:

It sucks big time

10. Human Resources 31

Human Resources 31 New Member

State:
    Ottawa, Central Illinois
    what did you use for bait to catch the flat

11. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I used jumbo golden roaches. I put two on the hook for the second flattie. They were about 5in a piece. They gotta be alive though. THE LIVE-ER the BETTER.!!!