Fox River: Ottawa Report

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Johnny B, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    Have been catching alot of fish every weekend on the honey hole but they seem to be getting bigger as the year goes on. 3 fish last night...One channel and two flats. Channel was 6.5 lbs and 26 inches, and the flathead was of similar size. But by the end of the night when things seemed to calm down my buddies pole got ripped right in the water...litterally! 10 minutes later my baitclicker screamed and I set the hook into and caught a 35 inch, 16.5 lb. flathead! My scale is pretty cheap but I think it weighed a little more than that... But overall the fishing is great and the best fishing times are two hours before sundown and 1 hour after..I'll post more pics as I get them! Also they were caught on cut up shad...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. rks1949

rks1949 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like fun,
    Johnny!:big_smile:
    Were you bank fishing? The river here (Wabash) is almost too low to launch a boat in. Ron

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009

3. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea I was bankfishing right by a bend on the river..I think they been biting so good because of the return of the shad and the decent weather...But the shad are also goin deep because of the cool weather...good luck