Fox River near sheridan Illinois

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by JEFFRO67, Jul 28, 2007.

1. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Anybody know much about this area? i`ve fished the fox at yorkville a few times with good luck but never at sheridan. any info would be appreciated.

2. gebs

gebs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I usually stay just a bit up river from Sheridan and have a LOT of success. This season my buddy and I keep losing count of how many fish we catch. We're fishing for the table and catch 2-3 lbers. like they're going out of style.

As you get into the Sheridan area there are nice bluffs along the east bank where the water is typically deeper. Lots of good holes through that area.

Good luck.

3. JEFFRO67

JEFFRO67 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Thanks Chuck thats the news i was looking for. I`ll be going up near the fox river resort camping for a week or so and i`ll be bank fishing or wade fishing. I`ve been to yorkville numerous times in a boat and we absolutely killed the eater size 2-3 lbs i recall one year 7 guys and 3 boats brought home 300 fish in the 1 1/2- 3 lb range and had a big ole fish fry at the local VFW. had a blast but talk about a lot of catfish skinnin geez. Thanks for your input is is grately appreciated. Jeff:big_smile: