Fox river finally gives up a few flathead catfish

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by bonapetit2, Oct 8, 2007.

1. bonapetit2

bonapetit2 New Member

State:
    illinois
    It's been a good 6 weeks since the river was over flood stage, we've been fishing it hard with not much luck for the last 3 weeks, last night our luck changed :smile2:
    Boated 5 Flatty's for a total of 63 lbs.
    The largest was 27# then 17, 10, 5, 4. Here's pics of the largest 2 fish. Water temp is back in the mid 70's, all fish caught on live bluegill and sucker

Attached Files:

2. vegasryder

vegasryder New Member

State:
    illinois
    Good job!!! 1 would be a good day, 2 would make it great, but 5...WOW!!! Nice to see someone is still getting them. I was out Friday night and was watching Marty fish by the pillars in STC. I was talking to him back and forth on the phone but none of us had any luck. He did mention that you were in the BSI launch waiting for your buddy...how'd you do that night?

3. bonapetit2

bonapetit2 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Kenny,
    fishing has been rough for the last month or so with the exception of this trip. I've been boating some nice channels though, which helps when your getting skunded by the flatties.
    We went to hit the river again last night (monday), now the boat ramp at bsi is closed at 9:00 every night through mid-december...for duck hunting :eek:oooh:

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Great looking fish! Glad your "luck" has picked up!

5. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Congrats. Sounds like a good night on the water. :cool2: