Fox River / Chain O Lakes is ON FIRE!!! (picture heavy)

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by Klag, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    So went to visit my parents place on the Fox River right at the Fox Chain O Lakes (I live in Atlanta) and wow, the catfish bite is ON. You'd have to put in effort to NOT catch fish.

Here's a few pics. All fish including the pan fish were released unharmed. The only casualties were a fresh water drum that swallowed the hook and two smaller sunfish (not pictured) that swallowed the hooks :(

Enough blabber, heres the pics.

First fish and my favorite picture, me and my Dad. :)

[​IMG]

Good size channel cat

[​IMG]

Another, little bigger

[​IMG]

A flathead

[​IMG]

Another channel

[​IMG]

A couple big bluegills I caught from a kayak. Tipping over in the process :eek:

[​IMG]

Even the carp came out to play. They were on the surface doing their thing... Man these are fun with light tackle and a small piece of bread....

[​IMG]

I don't usually catfish in the day time, but they were on fire so just threw a pole in while killin time before lunch one day

[​IMG]

Here's a huge channel cat, biggest one I ever caught

[​IMG]

And I fished for less then 5 minutes right before we had to leave for the airport and got another channel cat.

[​IMG]

Good times.

2. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    good post, nice fish too thanks for sharing

3. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    some good pics bro, however, i believe the next to last fish looked like a blue. i may be wrong. good catch nevertheless.

4. hock_paul

hock_paul New Member

State:
    illinois
    Good catch man, and thanx for sharin' the pix!:0a23:

5. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    The Fox sure does produce some nice fish. The flathead in my avater is from the Fox River, downstream from the chain o' lakes in Cary.