Fox River catfish...finally a few decent catches

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by bonapetit2, May 29, 2007.

1. bonapetit2

bonapetit2 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Hit the Fox river last wednsday night for a few hours and finally landed several nice channels and one flathead (my first from this river).
    6 channels in all 4-6.5 lbs, and the flatty was 9 lbs.
    Caught the biggest fish on cut bluegill head and gut pocket...the rest on shrimp.

Attached Files:

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the report. Glad you had a successful trip!

3. Albert7

Albert7 New Member

State:
    Chster,Illinois.
    Thanks for the post Philip...There's a Monster under your boat...Good Huntin'!

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Philip thanks for sharing . I used to fish Fox River at So. Elgin. Never caught anything big but had a blast. Looks like you did well. Thanks for the pics.:lol::big_smile:

5. Polish Moose

Polish Moose New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good to hear that you are catching some fish out there. I have had mixed success this year on the Fox. My biggest flathead is in that same range that yours was.

6. bonapetit2

bonapetit2 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone, I've been fishing out of saint charles...boy scout island, bank fished a few times in south elgin with little to no luck. I enjoy catching anything larger than my bait, of course the bigger the better! I'll keep fishing this area of the fox b/c it's really close to my house, and I know there have been some nice flatty's pulled out of the river in the recent past 50+ lbs.

7. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Nice, I'm gonna be up on the Fox in the middle of July, in the Johnsburg area, just before where the Chain-o-Lakes starts. Any good cats around that area?