Fox River-Cary/Fox River Grove

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by treddinwater, Jun 30, 2006.

1. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    My Grandma owns a house up on the Fox River in Cary and I'm taking a trip up there to visit for a long weekend. Now I know how bad that river can get with the boats, but the great thing is that she's got 2 docks out there that I can fish on all night. My uncle that stays up there during the summer caught a 35lb flathead about a month ago and he catches quite a few nice sized channels. My last few trips up there have been in August and the water has been way low and slow moving and I haven't done very well. We used to absolutely clean up on that river when the water would be up just a tad and moving. So does anybody know how the water levels are up there right now, I know you guys have gotten some decent rain so I'm hoping it will be moving this year. And does anybody else fish this stretch of river? Thanks a lot and fish on!

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Just got back from the Fox yesterday and the fishing was on fire at night. We didn't have any luck with flatheads, but must of caught 40 channels and about half of them ranging from 4-8lbs. They were destroying the chicken livers and live bluegills and drums. Some were hitting like trophy flatheads and I would get all excited everytime I'd get a good solid yank haha. Also got a few nice carp on corn during the day when nothing else would hit and got my first buffalo ever.