Fowl Weather

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by BIG GEORGE, Apr 5, 2008.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Don't know about you but heres my approach. If I'm on the water and it starts to blow a bit and the rain starts comein down I stay. I'm prepared for it. Got the rain gear in the boat and it only takes a second to get it on. Besides, ya can see it comein most of the time and ya can take a pre-emptive strike.

Now, if the weather is gonna be wet and windy before I'm on the water its mission scrubbed. One thing to be fishin and have it come in on ya but to start out in it. NAH!!!! I'll just stay home and snell some hooks or see if the Mrs. is feelin frisky. LOL!

YOUR THOUGHTS. THANX!

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I just bought two 25 packs of 8/0 Gamakatsu circle hooks. The next time it rains lets have a snelling party at your place. :smile2:

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    me to i love fishing right after a rain it seems like it stirs up the fish alot more

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Is there beer at snelling parties?

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Its a BYOB and we do it naked. LOL!

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    BG, I think i'll set this one out :eek:oooh::smile2:. And I ain't talking about the rain LOLOL!!

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Not me.

More than one fishing trip has started out with it raining for me. Lightning, or the potential, is the one thing that keep me home.

8. Shooter64

Shooter64 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Like the others said rain not a problem, but lighting sends me to the house.
    Kris

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Startin to wonder about them Joisy train drivers.:eek:oooh:

10. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Lightning, and big wind will chase me off the water. I did that "convertable submarine" thing one time. Ya' learn real quick.

11. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Well if you do i have to go i still don't think I am snelling the hooks right.. even though i watched the video's..........over and over.. i think i need to see someone do it live...:confused2:

12. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Hey am all for drinking much beer and inpailing myself with sharp metal object's well being naked :roll_eyes: But the being around a group of drunk naked :confused2:men i want nutting to do with ....Sorry but aint going to show up for that party lmao

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    George just put the necked in so none of us real beer drinkers dont show up and drink his beer he aint foolin me:smile2: and he aint got enough beer(LOL)

14. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    This thread went ta hell real quick. LOL! Don't blame me. Mark started it. LOL! Ain't but a couple of you boneheads addressed the question as asked.:cool2:

15. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Around here we rarely get rain in the summer that isn't accompanied by a thunder storm, so when we do get just a plain ol' rainy day I try to fish it. I usually do fairly well on those days. Most of my non-fishing friends assume I'm nuts to start out in the rain and then sit out in it all day, but oh well.