Found this today

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Kutter, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
  2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tom thanks for sharing an interesting article. I hope we win the fight.

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    My mechanic for my Honda 4 stroke advocates that "techtron' chevron additive be included every other tank full to keep the motor right.

bayrunner ray

4. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I've got an old John Deere that I have to buy the lead additive for, but I understood why. This is just plain "scew-you, I need proffit". I would immagine rhe special order fuel would be $1.50 to $2.00 a gallon higher than normal.

This one I don't agree with.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Tom, Thanks for the link. Very interesting

6. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    very interesting great link

7. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I saw a commercial recently about ethanol causing problems in boats. There is an additive but I forgot what it is, supposed to fix all the problems associated with ethanol in boats.

8. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I been using the new Sta-Bil that special made for the ethanol snot for my boats, ATV, mowers, blowers and weed eaters. So far no problems but haven't started my boat motors this year.

The new Sta-Bil cost twice as much but treats twice the amount of fuel. It's available at Walmart.

9. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    Where I've had the most trouble with ethenol is in the fuel lines on my chain saws and weedeater. The clear fuel lines get hard and the vibration breaks them. Same for the little prime bulb. The Sthil dealer sold me some clear yellowish color fuel line he says will stop this. I put it in 4 chainsaws and time will tell. I use Sta-bil but only when something isn't going to get used for a while like over winter. If it prevents this, I will use it all the time.

10. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Thanks for posting this. Good info to keep in mind. Seems having to use additives are even more important now. More expense, but kind of a neccessary evil if you want to keep your motors out of the shop. Kind of pay me now or pay me later type deal.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Russel, I noticed on the new Sta-Bil for ethanol it says to use 1 oz Sta-Bil to 5 gal fuel for storage. For everyday protection, 1 oz to 10 gal fuel. In previous years I only added it for storage and it always worked great but that was before ethanol.
    I have it in my chainsaw also.

12. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    $60 twice a year, was what it used to cost me to keep the chainsaw working. They told me all the problems were caused by ethanol. Finally found a station that sold non ethanol gas in one pump, in Iowa of all places. I stocked up an stabilled it all. Been over a year and the saw still runs fine. Now I am not so sure, perhaps the stabill would have been enough by itself.