found small tourney

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by russ, Jun 13, 2009.

1. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    hey guys, i found a small tourney that is put on by the city of Olmsted ill. its a good tourney and they ask me to pass the word about it. it cost 100 bucks a boat, 1ST place gets 1000.00 no matter how many boats shows up. not bad for a small town tourney. its on the Ohio river but you can trailer if you want. rules are the same as cabelas. its sept.5, use it for a pre fishing for the new Madrid tourney. its only a couple hrs. from stl. so you could make the trip and back in one day if you wanted to. Olmsted is about ten miles north of cairo ill. anyone wanting a entry form send me a pm i will send you one. i have nothing to do with this tourney, this is the 3rd yr. they have had it and they want it to grow in size so they ask for a little help. they also have a amateur tourney the same day that cost 20.00 bucks but don't pay much for 1st. be a good one for someone that wants to try tourney fishing for the first time without spending alot of $ plus after a day of fishing the city is going to have a free dinner for all that fish. plus there will be a 100.00 bucks for big fish. last yr. it took over a hundred pounds to win. so there is good fish in that part of the river.