Found another hole!

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Catmaster, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I had my boat out on the Neosho while it was realy up and I found a realy deep hole. It was where a pretty wide creek flows in. I would say it is about 20-25 feet deep. But that was also with the river up. It is weird because it is realy only about 20-30 feet wide and all the water around it is only about 4-5 feet deep. Except for the side that opens to the creek. I am going to fish it next time I go out. Me and a friend set at the mouth of the creek and caught 3 channel.

2. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Hey, Eric. Holler back and tell me how you do in that hole. I fished the front end of Lightning creek where it flows into the main body, when the water was up. I caught two five pound channels and a buddy of mine caught one, about a pound. Not too great, but better than nothing. Of course we didn't take a boat in there to fish brush and structure, so it might have been better, but ahwell. Anyway, good luck with that hole. And if you don't mind me asking, which creek is it? I might know where you're talking about. Thanks.

-Red

3. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    FLAT ROCK CREEK

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Hey Calvin, Dad and I were talking the other night and wondering, why are there not a lot of shad in the Walnut around here like other rivers all over the place? The lake is full of them, and they are way down south by the Arkansas, but you never see any around our area in between....any guesses why??