Found a rigging style for flathead use

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Fishermancat1, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Fishermancat1

Fishermancat1 Member

State:
    Cobb Co. Georgia
    I know you guys have you preferences with hooks and thats cool but look what I came across on youtube. A rigging style used for deep sea fishing that cound be implemented for flatheads that could increase you hook set ratio. Goldfish and bullheads in particular for bait. Just check it out for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu0-PPYhP-w

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    your rite, that would work good for flats. especialy for the guys that like to hook baits in the lips, nose, or eyes!

3. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sorry, but I am checking this from work on a break, and they have Utube blocked. Whats the rig? I'm guessing it's a bridle, maybe?

4. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Yep used a needle to go through the nose of a mackeral and used a rubberband to strap it to a big circle hook.

5. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I've been thinking off and on about trying something like that for livebaits for flatheads for a while. Basically, whenever things go wrong. Lately the kahle hooks have been doing great, so I haven't bothered to fix what aint broke.

6. Fishermancat1

Fishermancat1 Member

State:
    Cobb Co. Georgia
    I thought i was interesting set up. With the messed hook sets and the hook turning into the bait in all...... With that bridal rig set up the flathead will get nothing but hook when it is set.

7. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i STILL haven't done that with livebait, but i have used shad heads and a needle and thread for blues. it works great. all of your hook is exposed, and the hook point can't bury in the bait. never thought about a rubber band, that's a good one. i am also in the if it ain't broke don't fix it category though. at least for cutbait.