Found a new unusual catfish bait!

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Moparornocar, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Moparornocar

Moparornocar New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Ya know those fish oil gel caps you can get in the vitamin aisle? 2 or 3 or those on a hook makes a nice slick in the water you can see. Got a nice 2 or 3 lb. bull head on them. The lake i was at only has bullheads i think but i will be trying it for channels next chance i get i imagine it would work. Also put em in a bad with cut up hot dogs and pop the gel caps so the opil get into the hot dog that works well too

2. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Now that's thinking outside of the box there. What ever made you decide to use them for bait LOL! Sounds like the bullheads/buttercats love'em. let us know if you get any channels on them.

Thanks for sharing this story - was it cod liver oil pills?

3. Moparornocar

Moparornocar New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    nah wasnt the cod liver but im sure that would work too it was regular fish oil 1000 mg i didnt have any of that spray attractant to put on my hot dogs and as i was cutting them up i saw it on the counter and i said hmmmm i wonder....... haha Ill let you know how it goes only problem is theres only channels in stocke dlakes around here so i gotta wait till i can get to one

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    ryang is gonna love that since he loves to use hot dogs!!!:wink::smile2:

5. Moparornocar

Moparornocar New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    forgot to add the only problem is that after a while they get real soft and fall off which is why i decided to use the hotdogs too